Thursday 20 March 2014

Beauty Good Enough to Eat- Accidents

Still on my series of Beauty Good Enough to Eat I am interested in remedies that have come about by accident so please share  any you may have.
I will share mine.
This is more of a healing story but shows the power of the plant. I was lucky to be on an amazing holiday to Barbados and had laryngitis and had lost my voice completely. While lazily sunny myself  a beach comber happened by selling his wears.  holding a fresh picked Aloe Vera plant. He was carrying a rather filthy knife and dodgy looking bottles of aloe gel. After many attempts of trying to convince him I was not interested he heard my squeaky voice and before I knew it the aloe gel was removed from the plant with that knife and dropped in my orange juice. Strongly encouraged to drink
holding my nose I did and to be honest it was like swallowing snot errrrrr!! Amazingly I started to talk completely normally. Weird! From that day I am a complete convert to the Plant Aloe Vera.
 
My next accident: 
After stupidly running out of my expensive massage oil and needing oil for my next client that was about to arrive I grabbed the olive oil. Finding the oil was a thick texture and glided on beautifully leaving the skin soft and silky.
 
Another slightly strange accident :
Looking for something to soften and treat toe nails all I could find was the Vicks vapour rub with the
Camphor and eucalyptus oil it seemed the obvious choice and you guest it a brilliant toe ointment.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment